Americans have already been eating 25% more cookies since Covid lockdowns last year (with 1 in every 5 eating 3 or more cookies per day), and come the Holidays, we’re going to be baking and sharing over 2 billion of them, according to cookie pollsters.
In the midst of all this cookie frenzy, we want our Evolve180 Weight Loss community to also be feeling good about eating more than just a few over the Holidays, so we pulled together a collection of our favorite recipes for Keto Christmas Cookies. We have covered all the seasonal favorites – from gingerbread and eggnog cookies to almond flour, coconut flour, cream cheese and Italian butter – to make sure you have plenty of choices that you can enjoy without too much guilt.
Heck, it’s the Holidays after all. Santa is reportedly going to be eating 336,150,386 cookies himself on Christmas Eve – and we Ketogenic dieters are on his Nice List. We surely deserve our share!
# 1: Keto Christmas Cookies WIth Walnuts
Ingredients (Yield: 15 Cookies)
• 1 large egg
• ¼ tsp. liquid Stevia
• 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup walnuts
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 cup confectioners Swerve (will be used in 2 parts)
2) Combine melted butter with egg, Stevia and vanilla extract into a wet mixture and put aside.
3) Grind up the walnuts in a food processor and pour the walnut flour into a bowl. Add coconut flour and 1/4 cup of Swerve and mix well.
4) Add this dry mixture to the wet and whisk to combine. The dough should be soft but firm enough to form into balls by hand.
5) Make 15 balls from the dough and arrange them on the baking sheet. (They do not spread while baking.) Bake for 30 minutes.
6) Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then roll the still-warm balls in the remaining 1/4 cup of Swerve.
7) Place them back on the parchment paper and let the balls sit for another 20 to 30 minutes before eating.
# 2: Keto Christmas Butter Cookies
Ingredients (Yield: 20 Cookies)
• 2 cups almond flour
• 1 cup Swerve sweetener
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup butter (softened)
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 3 ounces chopped dark chocolate (sugar-free)
• ½ ounce cocoa butter
• Sugar sprinkles (optional)
2) In a food processor, combine the almond flour, sweetener, and salt in a food processor.
3) Add softened butter in the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Now add in the egg and vanilla and process until the dough becomes a big ball.
4) Fit a piping bag with a large open star tip and fill it with the dough. Pipe the dough into tight circles, measuring about 2 inches in diameter.
5) Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes, until they start turning golden brown at the edges. Remove and turn off the oven. Let the oven cool for about 15 minutes, then put the cookies back in to dry out and firm up, which would be another 15 minutes or so. Remove and let cool completely.
6) Place a bowl over simmering water to melt the chocolate and cocoa butter. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Scatter sugar-free sprinkles for a festive Holiday touch.
# 3: Keto Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Ingredients (Yield: 18 Cookies)
• 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 tbsp. ground ginger
• 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
• 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
• 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener
• 2 tbsp. meringue powder
• 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 cup Swerve sweetener
2) Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate overnight. If in a hurry, give it at least 2 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Freeze until firm (still between parchment paper) for about 30 minutes.
4) Loosen paper from one side, flip, and remove paper from top of dough. Cut cookies as desired and transfer them carefully to prepared baking sheets.
5) Freeze cut out cookies for 15 minutes. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are crisp and just starting to turn golden around the edges. Cool completely.
6) Now let’s make the icing. In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk all the ingredients with ¼ cup water until thick and white. Thin with water or add more sweetener to achieve desired consistency, if necessary. Put into piping bags or bottles to decorate. Once done, let the icing dry for at least 45 minutes.
# 4: Keto Christmas Italian Cookies
Ingredients (Yield: 14 Cookies)
• 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 3/4 cups of Swerve sweetener
• Sea salt to taste
• 1 tsp. orange zest
• 2 tsp. sugar-free almond extract
• 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
• 1/2 cup Swerve (to coat the cookies)
2) Whisk egg whites and lemon juice together in a mixer. Gradually add the powdered sweetener (save the amount you need to coat the cookies afterwards) and beat together until you get stiff peaks. Add vanilla, orange zest and almond extract.
3) Mix almond flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
4) Fold in the egg white mixture in parts. Be gentle with the mixing as you want to retain as much air in the batter as possible.
5) Place baking paper on a baking sheet. Roll up spoonfuls of dough into balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) and then gently press them into oval shapes. Roll them in the remaining powdered sweetener to add a coating. Place on the baking sheet. Leave enough space between each to allow them to rise and spread during baking.
6) Set aside in room temperature for about 2 hours to dry the outside slightly. Now gently squeeze the cookies to crack the dried “shell”.
7) Preheat oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F (conventional) and bake for about 20 minutes until you see a light golden color on top.
8) Let them cool before storing in an airtight container.
# 5: Keto Christmas Eggnog Cookies
Ingredients (Yield: 48 Cookies)
• 3 3/4 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
• 1 1/2 t baking powder
• 1 tsp. Cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup brown sugar substitute
• 3/4 cup granulated low carb sweetener of your choice
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup vegan eggnog
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
For Spice Topping
• 1/2 cup granulated low carb sweetener
• 1 tsp. Nutmeg
• 1 tsp. Cinnamon
For Eggnog Glaze
• 1 cup powdered low carb sweetener
• 1/4 cup egg nog
• Stir all ingredients for spice toppings in a bowl and set aside.
1) To make these Keto Christmas cookies, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and cream of tartar in a large bowl and keep aside.
2) Beat the butter and vanilla extract in a bowl with the mixer until it is creamy.
3) Add granulated sweetener and beat again, until well-blended and fluffy.
4) Add egg and eggnog and mix well.
5) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. If you will be baking with parchment paper, cover your cookie sheet with the paper now.
6) Scoop out small balls (about 1 inch in diameter). Roll each dough ball in the Spice Topping Blend to coat, and the place on cookie sheet. Place cooking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
7) When ready, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove cookies from fridge and place cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Press down the cookies slightly to allow them to spread out a bit.
8) Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow 5-10 minutes for cookies to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
• Make the glaze and drizzle on the cookies when completely cooled. Mix powdered sweetener, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a small bowl. Add eggnog and stir together until completely smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and let sit until dry.
# 6: Keto Christmas Cookies With Coconut Flour
Ingredients (Yield: 16 Cookies)
• ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil (softened)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
• 3 tbsp. Granulated sweetener of your choice to taste
• 1 tbsp. milk of your choice or cream
2) In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and stir briskly together.
3) Knead with your hands until you have a smooth dough. Let it rest for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to expand.
4) Form a large ball. Cut up the ball into 16 pieces and roll into little dough balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press down with the palm of your hand until the balls are about 1.5 inches thick in diameter.
5) Bake in the oven for about 13-15 minutes or until golden. Enjoy and share these amazing Keto Christmas cookies.
# 7: Keto Christmas Cookies With Cream Cheese
Ingredients (Yield: 30 Cookies)
• ¼ tsps. Salt
• 3/4 cup of softened butter
• 8 ozf cream cheese
• 1 cup of sugar substitute
• ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
2) Beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar substitutes in a mixer until light yellow and fluffy.
3) Add the vanilla and continue to mix
4) Add coconut flour, baking powder and salt mix well.
5) Finally, add the unsweetened coconut flakes
6) Make 1 inch balls from the cookie dough and place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet about an inch apart. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten slightly.
7) Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly brown around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.