A quick Keto side recipe to go with your entrees from the Evolve180 kitchen
Ingredients (4 Servings. 1/4 cabbage per serving)
For the roasted cabbage
• 1 medium green cabbage (4 cups) • 2 tbsps olive oil • Sprinkle of salt and pepper
For the lemon garlic butter
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter • 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 4 cloves) • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice • Sprinkle of salt and pepper
Roasting the cabbage
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Take off the outer leaves. 2) Using a large knife, cut it into 8 pieces by cutting it in half, then in quarters, etc. Leave the stem and core on, as it helps it hold its shape. 3) Place it on the foil-lined cookie sheet. 4) Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
5) Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then carefully turn with a flipper and roast for another 20 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges and fork tender. 6) Use your own judgement for cooking time, as each cabbage is a different size, and ovens will cook at different temperatures unless it’s been calibrated.
Making the lemon garlic brown butter
1) While the wedges are roasting, mince the four cloves of garlic. 2) Melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. 3) Add in the garlic. Constantly stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and garlic turns a golden brown. 4) Remove from the heat and pour the browned butter and garlic into a small bowl. 5) Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. 6) Stir again and adjust seasonings to taste. 7) When the roasted cabbage is ready to serve, brush the lemon garlic butter onto each wedge.