A quick & easy Keto breakfast recipe from the Evolve180 kitchen
Ingredients (Servings: 2)
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cups thinly sliced red onion
• 1 cup sliced zucchini
• 6 large eggs, beaten
• 3 oz pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls (chopped)
• 2 teaspoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
• 2 Tablespoons cup thinly sliced fresh basil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1) Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
2) Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
3) Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5) Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan.
6) Cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg from the middle to flow underneath, until nearly set, about 2 minutes.
7) Arrange chopped mozzarella and sun- dried tomatoes on top and place the skillet under the broiler until the eggs are slightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
8) Let stand for 3 minutes. Top with basil.
9) To release the frittata from the pan, run a spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate.
10) Cut into slices and serve.